Tuesday, March 19, 2013

DAY 10 GOLD CANYON TO GLOBE, AZ DAY 11 78 MILES TO SAFFORD, AZ

Lucy celebrating St. Patrick's Day


Gorgeous ride into the mountains

I rode 24 miles to Superior where the van shuttled most of us over the mountain pass.  I have to say that the 12 women who rode the pass have my admiration.  It was a 10 mile climb, often with no shoulder and a lot of traffic.
Today was a 78 mile trip through rolling hillls and the Apache Indian Reservation.  There is very little out here, lots of trash by the road and no where to stop and eat.  The mountains still have snow on top.  It was only in the 80's so much pleasanter riding.  We left this morning and it was 50 degrees.
My riding buddy Cher had a flat so I waited for her and we came in around 4 after visiting the bike shop in Safford.  He raised my handlebars a bit to help with my bike.  It was still a great day and for the first time I wasn't completely exhausted.
DAY 12
I have not been able to get on the internet so we are now in Lordsburg, NM after a 76 mile ride, mostly rolling and flat.

 









Above; lunch at Ol Jo's Cafe, Duncan, AZ
Palm trees with a bad hair day.

No comments:

Post a Comment