Thursday, February 28, 2013

It is four days away from my leaving for San Diego.  Barb and I leave at 6 AM from Portland.  We fly to NY and then to San Diego.
I have struggled the last few days with a stomach virus which may have been as much stress as virus but I am now feeling well and back to eating good food.

I contributed to my own stress by deciding to buy a rental property which was supposed to close (at the government's request) at the end of January and of course still has not.  I had to get a power of attorney for son Ben (who is renting said house from me) but everything is lined up. He and his cousin and a contractor will be doing some renovations on the house.  They won't have me to micromanage.  I also made a reservation deposit on a condo to be built this summer.  The snow really convinced me that my house is too big and the stairs to the back door just too much.

I had a wine tasting fundraiser with all my wonderful friends and family. They generously contributed almost $500.  What friends.   They also helped cook, clean and just have a good time.
It was a good send off.

I hope that I will be open to all that this trip will offer.  I came across this quote "Traveling lightly leaves room for mystery and miracle to happen."  (Fr. Anthony Oelrich).  I am not sure how "lightly" I am traveling but certainly I will be leaving  most day-today activities behind.  


No comments:

Post a Comment